Sunday, August 31, 2008

Not So Scary Anymore

Class started last Monday. As usual, the professors had posted and sent out their assignments for the first day of class. And, as the well-prepared student I am, I read. I then re-read some of the information. After all, getting called on the first day of class can be nerve racking. Naturally, being prepared helps. After my experiences last year, I most certainly didn't want to be called on and have no answer. 

But then the strangest thing happened. The professors didn't call on us. I was a little surprised at this turn of events. They just talked to us, introduced the course, told us fun anecdotal stories. I kept wondering when the drilling was going to start. It didn't. Only one professor started a case on the first day. And there were very few questions. 

So, I guess they are done scaring us. Can't say I mind. But I'm still going to show up to class prepared. After all, I never know what will happen.

8 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

It's a ploy, the lull you into a false sense of security then pounce. Just wait and see some poor girl will be fleeing the room in tears after getting drilled for half an hour without relent on information that was barely in the material. I know, cause I am looking forward to doing it j/k.
-Josh

Julie Barney said...

Hey Michelle, it's Julie Staheli.
I found the class of 94 blog not too long ago and love it! I don't have a blog yet, but maybe someday I will work up my courage to put one together. Anyway, I just wanted to say "Hello". I hope things are well, and I will keep checking up on you through your blog. It looks great:)
Julie

Michelle said...

Julie! I love that you left a comment. I hope you check this again. What's your email address? I'd love to hear more from you...and you DO need to get a blog...that way I can see what's going on in your life. Thanks for dropping me a note!

KamilahNYC said...

Yeah that it wasn't scary. I hope you have an awesome semester!!

Alison said...

Glad to see a post from you again. (Not that I'm any better!) Hope the rest of your semester goes as well as your first day.

Leah said...

Well that's a nice change of scenery. Nice. Enjoy it. You're smart to stay prepared...Zeb does too. Although he is in the middle of a "drilling" quarter. But I don't think you will get that from here on out. Lucky you. Lucky. :)

Zeb said...

Wow, lucky you. I'm reading way too much to ever be able to retain it all and the professors are calling on us like we should be able to recite the cases verbatim. As jealous as I am I'm just glad that one of us is able to enjoy law school.

seesuerun said...

Good heck it's about time they were nice. I mean you have been in school how many years? :) I hope the rest of the semester they are as congenial.