Friday, October 3, 2008

Guidos

Guido track suits...labeled as follows: (And no, I didn't make this up!)
"White"...sort of boring
Much more amusing..."DooDoo"
Yes, that's right, "DooDoo"!
The "Baby Blue"...not so bad...

For those of you feeling a bit 
more patriotic "The Statesman"

There is a phenomenon here I like to call "the Guido" Jersey Boy. It's rare when I spot a Guido. However, much like when one spots a mullet, it's quite amusing. This morning, I spotted a Guido. I seriously wish I had a camera and could take pictures. So what is a Guido you might ask? A Guido is found only in Northern New Jersey. Normally of Italian heritage, they typically sport a velour track suit and gold chains. And hairiness is a must. However, since only found in Northern New Jersey, they're quite the rare breed.

My first sighting occurred in torts last year. A fellow classmate (no names will be divulged) showed up to school in a mint green, velour track suit. I didn't think it was for real. I only thought that outfits like that happened on the Sopranos. Perhaps I was sitting in class with AJ. But I won't lie, it made me really happy. I wish I could have snapped a picture because I don't know many guys gutsy enough to bust out the velour track suit. This morning, much to my astonishment and joy, I once again ran into a guido. Only his velour track suit was black. 

All I know is that I thought what my friends and I affectionately call the J.Lo was only for the ladies. (And if men did happen to sport one, it was only for a role on television.) I guess not, as the above pictures demonstrate.  

2 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

Wow!! I have heard you talk about those lovely suits before, but now I have the full effect. Thank you.
When is it ever okay on men?? Josh has a hard time with girls/women in velor suits. But men?....It just shouldn't be done...just like dude capri's. Thanks for the laugh.
-Carol

Leah said...

Zeb and I read this together and I thought he commented. It is classic. Who comes up with the names. That's what I want to know. Good times. Thanks for the laugh!