Saturday, May 2, 2009

Contrasts


First of all, I have to say that they don't call New Jersey the Garden State for nothing.  It is a really beautiful state, even if Newark is not its shining crown jewel.  A few of you have commented that Newark is prettier than they thought it would be.  And I admit, the pictures I posted show a different side of Newark.  My hope is that someday, this is the side of Newark everyone will see.  It has a lot of potential because of its past.  There are many amazing buildings.  Still, I think you should see the contrast.  

A picture of a tree I passed by on my way to Branch Brook Park - I think it sits on the Rutgers campus in Newark.

Again, the beautiful cathedral - I believe it's called Sacred Heart

And what I ran into on my walk there.  SAD!!!  And this is what people think of when they think of Newark.

2 comments:

Zeb said...

I think you need to broaden your perspective a little. That last picture is known as Urban Reality Art. It's beautiful.

Michelle said...

especially the disgusting, half eaten hot dog in the middle of the pile. so gross!