Sunday, May 2, 2010

funny conversation w/man on the PATH train

Okay, I'm probably just assuming this guy was homeless because of his appearance. But the conversation was funny nonetheless.

On the way home from Hoboken, about 1 a.m., on the PATH train (a subway/metro that links NJ to NYC)

Homeless man: You have a really nice smile.

Me: Um, thanks.

Homeless man: Your teeth are so white and perfect.

Me: Thanks, again. (Thinking to myself...hmmmm...I need to whiten them.)

Homeless man: Are they the flip out kind?

Me: Uh, nope, that's all me. (Thinking to myself, THE FLIP OUT KIND???? What the what????)

Homeless man: Wow, they are really nice.

OH BROTHER!!! Actually the situation got a little scary after that. But I'm not going to go into those details. But today, after being checked out again by another homeless man, well, I don't mean to belittle. I don't mean to be unkind either. But let us just say that I can't wait to leave Newark!!!!

5 comments:

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

Hahaha! Funny, but I'm sure a bit scary too! I will be glad to see you out of Newark as well. :)

J and C Fish Family said...

For those of us in Texas, we can't wait for you to get out of Newark either. And the rest of the story made me want to hurt someone, so yeah, probably good your leaving.
`Josh

KamilahNYC said...

hilarious. the best part is that this kind of stuff always happens to you! LOL.
I'd like to see the "flip out kind" that he's referring to...similar to a "grill" perhaps?

Zeb said...

Don't worry, there are plenty of guys that live in temporary housing here in Dallas!

I'm guessing "flip out kind" = "dentures"

Leah said...

I love it. Sorry it's at your expense but that's really funny. Haha!