Thursday, May 15, 2008

Summer Time...

Blah Blah Blah about the pictures of me...I live alone, people. Short of setting up my camera for a personal photo shoot by myself (which sounds pretty cheesy to me) or calling up a neighbor (so not going to happen), you aren't going to see a lot of pictures of me posted very soon Perhaps after I spend some time in Europe this summer...yes, that is right people. I'm going to Europe for a study abroad program. (I know...you are all shocked that I would want to ever go to Europe for any reason at all!)
 
So here are my plans. I have a journal write-on competition to complete by May 23. I've started reading the assignment, but I've been in Virginia with my old roomies for the past few days, so I'll start writing tomorrow. After that is over, I have a week, then I'm off to Europe on June 1. I'll start my little adventure in Heidelberg, Germany. I'll be staying, thanks to dearest Jen Brooks, in the Marriot Hotel for two nights. I'm hoping to rent a bike and do some touring about. I've always wanted to see Heidelberg, so that should be good times. On June 4 I leave for Brussels. I'll be there for a few weeks before flying over to Ireland where I'll stay in Galway for a few weeks as well. Then I return on July 4. I  will be taking three classes while I am there: European Union Law, Intellectual Property and International Pharmaceuticals. When I return, I'll have some finals to take. I must admit, I cringe at the thought, especially after just having finished finals less than a week ago. My big push for going...I've always wanted to try a study abroad. I had a chance when I was at BYU and didn't do it. I've always regretted that choice. So, yippee for second chances! I am also thinking about international law. I thought this might be a good introduction.  

Once I get back I'll start working for my contracts professor, Mark Denbeaux, on what is affectionately called the Guitmo project. Professor Denbeaux represents detainees in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, and works on other, related projects. I'm pretty excited to be working with him. Although he was quite intimidating at first, he's actually very engaging, funny, and good-hearted. And his stories keep everyone laughing.  

Other than that, I'll spend some time in July with my parents, my brother, and his family in Virginia. I hope to head home to Utah in August for some time with family there. And who knows what else. Remember, I'm always open to visitors!!!  

4 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

I am all for the personal photo shoot, or its nework (I know that is probably spelled wrong) there are tons of nice people who would love to be invited into your apartment, just grab someone off of the street. Or you could do the classic myspace, facebook picture in the mirror. All good ideas. Have fun in Europe, punk.

Amanda said...

So jealous you are going to Europe. Oh how I want to go back, and I haven't been to any of the places you are going.

Have fun!

Let me know if you make it here to Utah. I'd love to see you.

Brian & Veronica said...

Michelle!!! Finally, you have a blog! O.K., I don't know how long you've had it but I've been wondering about you so much lately, especially since you started school again. :) Glad to know you're doing well, enjoying your classes and that you have a lot to look forward to this summer! So glad to run into you via the blog world. Love ya, V

Leah said...

Thanks for posting your plans at my request. I'm just sorry I was such a loser and didn't look forever. But hey, can you blame me? I have been a single mom for the last week and am doing it again this week.

Sounds like to have it all planned. What a fun summer. I just wish we were going to be in Utah at the same time. :( It looks like we will just miss each other.

I am with you on the pictures. Although i would love to see pictures of you, if I were in your position I would not be posting many pictures. :) I do look forward to ones in Europe.