Friday, May 23, 2008

Indiana Jones

Today I had to get out of the house. So I've been wanting to see a movie and decided to head to the city for a little matinee action. Of course, Indiana Jones has been on my list for a while now (I don't get to go to a lot a movies seeing as they are 12 dollars...even for the matinee). Anywho, I decided that this was one to see on the big screen.  

I hate it when people spoil movies for me, and, as my friend Brook says, I am the nazi of not telling anyone the ending. I have a story about that involving the Sixth Sense...but I will spare you for now (obviously it still bugs me even though that was years ago). So I won't give anything away, but I will say this...it was unexpected. Sure, there were they typical Indy antics that make me chuckle. There were all the great fight/action scenes (and at least one that is grotesque, a la melting faces, heads being chopped off and the like).  I really enjoyed Cate Blanchett - she makes a great bad guy. Even Shia LoBeouf (is that how you spell it?) is funny. (I admit that I feared he would be an obnoxious character.  He wasn't). It felt like the old Indy movies, until the ending came...think 1950s/area 51. I won't say more than that. But it was bizarr-o!  

Still, for all you old time Indy fans like me, I wouldn't shy away from it. Not sure it is as good as the old ones, but Harrison Ford makes a fine comeback. He's charming, witty, and tough as nails. I didn't realize how much I'd missed that character. Sort of makes up for Six Days, Seven Nights...one of the worst movies ever put to film. It was fun to see him back in action as a character everyone can't help but loving.     

3 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

I am a little leary of the new indy film because of the ending. I haven't read any spoilers but I have heard enough to have an idea of the origins of the crystal skull. And I totally agree with you about six days seven nights. It could just as easily be placed in the simpsons when Homer is yelling at the script from cable guy for trying to ruin Jim Carrey's career.

Jamie said...

You have been added to the Class of 1994 blog at this link
http://sfhs1994.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

Zeb went to see the movie too and said it was Hokey. He liked it though and it was entertaining.
I'll probably see it when it comes out on DVD. No use to make Zeb sit through it again. I mean he did like it...you know what I mean. Movies are EXPENSIVE!