Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cliffs of Moher

Before you look at the pictures below in any detail, I want you to imagine a heroine from a Jane Austen novel. Emma, Elizabeth, whoever. Take your pick. Now I want you to picture the long flowing dress, her hair blowing back. Now she's standing a top a cliff. I realize that Austen's heroines lived in England. But I think the Cliffs of Moher are the perfect scene for a future movie based on an Austen novel.  

We took a day trip by bus, and this was the highlight of the tour. It was beautiful. I absolutely loved it. Ireland is one of my favorite places because it has such variety. There are mountains, meadows, farms, castles, ruins...and the Cliffs of Moher.  
A view down to the water.

Me...I wish I was wearing a long flowy dress!

Me, Krystal, and Kelly. These two were life savers! I don't think the trip would have been half as fun without them

Part of the cliff that eventually was worn away.
A view down the coast line.  

3 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

Absolutely beautiful. I think that I need to see it for myself. Thanks for sharing. Love you.
-Carol

Amanda said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. I wish we would have made it over to Ireland. I guess I'll just have to go back there sometime. I'm glad you're having fun and eating lots of really good chocolate. Have extra for me!

KamilahNYC said...

So amazing and beautiful.