Sunday, July 6, 2008

PO-TAY-TOES... fry em', mash em', boil em' in a stew!

Kelly...digging into her potata...

Little quiz. Name the following three famous spuds...
1.  

2.

3.

Jen, Kelly, and me...after enjoying a delicious lunch. Bonus points...see if you can name some of the other spuds on the wall behind us.

 Me, happily digging into my potata!

How great is this? An enormous baked potato covered in cheese, ham, beans, and a yummy sauce. It was, as Kevin (a fellow student) would say, delightful!

And people on our trip had the gall to say that the Irish can't cook! Imagine!!! What with Bangers and Mash, Shepherd's Pie, chicken, ham and dressing, and excellent chocolates, I have no idea why they would say this. Here is a little (or huge) example of one of the many delicious items I sampled (or devoured, take your pick). My favorite little spot, and one I am tempted to copy here in the states (if only I had the capital and desire to run a restaurant, of which I have neither) is called Couch Potatas. YUMMY!!! Basically, they make baked potatoes topped with sundry, delicious combinations. As we all know, the Irish are famous for their potatoes, and this restaurant proves it. If you ever find yourself in Galway, you best find your way to Couch Potatas. I highly recommend!

3 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

From left to right
Batman, Rocky, Indiana Jones, Princess Lea, Elvis, Freddy Kruger, and Rambo. How'd I do? Yeah, it is fun to come up with ideas for restaurants, especially since you have no inclination to actually follow through with them. That place sounds fun. Maybe some day you and I could open up couch potatoes combined with my idea. Oversized furniture. So you feel like a little kid. I really want to know what it feels like to have to climb up to sit on a couch and not have my legs come close to hanging over the edge. Just a random thought.
Love you.
Josh

Michelle said...

Actually, I think the idea of couch potatoes and big furniture go well together...got any cash?

Zeb said...

The cream on the potato looks good, but the ideal of ham and beans reminds me of ham and bean stew, which makes me want to ralph.